The Maine Association of Nurse Anesthetists (MeANA) is pleased to announce the call for nominations for vacant positions on the 2020-2021 Board of Directors.
The following positions are available, effective Sept. 1, 2020:
- Directors (2 vacancies)
Service on the MeANA Board of Directors is a great opportunity to advance the profession and be engaged in your state association. Only active members of MeANA are eligible for nomination to elected office.
- Assume the duties of the President when the President is unable to serve.
- Assume the office of the President after the completion of the President’s term.
Remain currently informed of all MeANA activities.
- The President-elect shall serve in this capacity for one year. The term of office will begin at the start of the fiscal year (September 1).
- A member shall be eligible for the office of the President or President-elect if that member has served on the Board of Directors and/or is an active Committee Chair, whose eligibility is subject to simple majority approval by the Board of Directors.
- Keep the minutes of the meetings of MeANA and the Board of Directors.
- Notify officers of their election and members of their committees’ appointments.
- Notify members of meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Notify members of the Board of Directors of meetings of the Board.
- Request consent agenda reports from the Executive Board Members and committee chairs prior to Board meetings and compile them. Provide a copy of the reports to all Board Members prior to the meetings. information regarding matters of general business of MeANA to the President.
- Keep an alphabetical list and contact information of MeANA.
- Send a welcome to new members with information regarding the MeANA web page which shall have contact information for MeANA’s Board of Directors, copies of the Rules of Governance and Operations Manual and upcoming meetings.
- Send a copy of names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of the newly elected or appointed Executive Board, Board of Directors, committee chairs and committee members as appropriate to the:
- Newly elected Executive Board member, directors and committee chairs
- New England Assembly of Nurse Anesthetists
- Editor of the MeANA newsletter (Snooze News)
- The Secretary shall be elected for a term of two (2) years, and may be eligible for re-election, but shall not serve for more than three (3) consecutive terms.
Board Liaisons to Committees. Each board member will liaise with one or two committees. While board liaisons attend committee meetings, not all committees meet regularly.
- Communicate regularly with committee chair to stay up to date on committee projects and activities.
- Contact the chair before each board meeting to become fully informed about any agenda
items for the board.
- Conduct the general business of MeANA
- Control and manage the funds and property of MeANA.
- Select a place for deposit of funds.
- Provide for auditing of the books as such times as the Board of Directors may deem advisable.
- Prescribe the amount of expenses that shall be allowed for speakers at annual and regular meetings and amounts to be allowed toward defraying expenses of representatives to the annual congress of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) or to other meetings.
- May conduct business by the following means (but not limited to); face to face meetings, mailings, electronic mailings, conference calling, video conferencing, and/or web-based meetings. All such business shall be recorded in the permanent records of the ASSOCIATION.
- Shall develop, adjust and approve a yearly set of standing rules.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the President.
- The Directors shall begin duties at the start of the fiscal year (September 1) of this ASSOCIATION and shall hold that office until the conclusion of the fiscal year in the final year of the director’s’ term of office.
- Directors shall be elected for a term of three (3) years, or until their successors are elected.
- Two (2) Directors shall be elected every year. Directors may not be elected for more than two (2) consecutive terms.
- A Director may resign at any time by written notice delivered to an executive board member of MeANA. A resignation is effective when the notice is delivered unless the notice specifies a date later than the date of delivery.
- (September 1st), the committee shall prepare and present to the Board of Directors, a ballot with nominations for the Executive board and Directors.
- Shall be responsible to the Board of Directors.
- Shall prepare a report of the committee’s activities for Board of Directors meetings.
- Shall be responsible for carrying out the duties assigned.
- Committee Chairs and Members appointed to committees shall serve for two (2) years or until their successors are appointed.
- Except for the election of the Nominating Committee, elections shall be by electronic ballot.
- Write-ins: A vote may be cast for a person not on a ballot by writing in the name.
- Ballots shall be distributed to voting members no less than thirty (30) days prior to the start of the fiscal year (September 1st) and returned to the Nominating Committee Chair in the manner and time frame established by the Nominating Committee.
- A plurality vote shall elect.
HOW TO APPLY
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS
Wednesday, July 15th, 2020
Phone: (217) 528-3434